A new-look squad meant a host of new stats and numbers in 2019 for Boston City FC. Here’s a look inside the appearances, goals and assists this past season.
• Jhonata Batista moved up to fourth overall in all-time appearances with 2,194 minutes played in three season, behind Marcelo Cunha (3,305), Gabriel De Souza (2,977) and Homero Morais (2,682), who all played from 2016 to 2018.
• Ironsides Crew Player of the Year Willian Bonora played the most minutes in 2019 with 886 and is 20th overall.
• Bonora, Jeremy Pachter and Jonathan Argueta played in the most matches in 2019, all appearing in 12 of 14 matches.
• Argueta was the only Boston City player included in the match day squad for all 14 matches. In the two in which he did not make an appearance, he was an unused substitute.
• Boston City used 32 played in 2019, of whom 20 made their debuts.
• Joao Godeiro played in one match in 2019, three years after he played in five matches for the 2016 Lions, the longest absence between matches for any player.
• Three goalkeepers – Jake Wagmeister, Jason Katz and Sandro van Kuijck – saw action. In 2016 the Lions fielded four different keepers, three in 2017 and four in 2018. For the third season in a row, one keeper (Lucas Rezende) featured as an unused substitute.
• Defender Ralph Angrand is the only player to have played in all four seasons for Boston City FC, totaling 1,354 minutes.
• A total of 88 players have appeared for Boston City in four seasons, with an additional two unused subs.
• Jhonata Batista was the club’s leading scorer in 2019 with 5 goals, followed by John Dumbuya (4), Hugo Bomfim (2) and six players with one goal each.
• Batista is Boston City’s second all-time leading scorer with 14 goals, trailing Isaac Nana Addai by three.
• Batista is the only player to score more than one goal in three seasons (2 in 2016, 7 in 2017, 5 in 2019). He did not play for the club in 2018.
• Seven players scored their first goals for the club: Dubuya, Bomfim, Avner Alves, William Balanta, Willian Bonora, Pablo Guimaraes and Francisco Neto.
• Francisco Neto led the team with 3 assists in 4 appearances and is joint-fifth all-time.
• Jhonata Batista is second all-time with 5 assists behind Isaac Nana Addai (7).